Nathaniel G. Lambright
Well regarded for his written and oral advocacy skills, Nathaniel G. Lambright has been recognized as a rising star for his work on behalf of private and public sector unions and individual employees.
Nat represents unions in both the private and public sector in a broad variety of labor and employment matters, including collective bargaining, labor arbitrations, proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and the Public Employment Relations Board, employment discrimination matters before state and federal agencies and in state and federal court, ERISA litigation, and wage and hour matters.
Areas Of PracticeEducation Bar & Court Admissions
- B.A., Hobart College, 1995, Cum Laude, High Honors in American History
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 1999, Summa Cum Laude
- M.A., Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, 1999
- New York State
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Western Districts of New York
- Northern District of New York Federal Court
- Successfully defended several different unions against numerous age, sex and duty of fair representation claims.
- Obtained positive results on behalf of individual employees and executives in breach of contract and wrongful termination claims as well in severance package negotiations.
- Successfully litigated dozens of arbitrations on behalf of unions in matters involving the interpretation of the collective bargaining agreements as well as the discipline of bargaining unit members.
- Negotiated dozens of contracts on behalf of public and private sector unions.
- New York State Bar Association, Program Chair, 2016 Public Sector Labor Relations Program, “Impasse Procedures”
- New York State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, 2015 Annual Meeting, “Labor Issues and the Compassionate Care Act”
- New York State Bar Association, 2014 Public Sector Labor Relations Program, “Discipline”
- New York State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, 2014 Annual Meeting, “Public Sector Labor & Employment Law in New York State: Post-Impasse Procedures”
- New York State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, 2011 Fall Meeting, “The What, When, Where and Why of the NLRB’s Proposed Rules Reforming R-Case”
- New York State Bar Association, 2010 Public Sector Labor Relations Program, “Employee Speech In The Public Sector Post-Garcetti”
- Union Steward Seminar, 2010, “Employment: Your Rights and Responsibilities”
- Union Steward Seminar, 2009-2010, “Sexual Harassment & Retaliation: Your Rights and Responsibilities”
- Labor and Employment Relations Association, 2009, “Labor and Employment Law Update”
- Onondaga County Bar Association, 2009 Presentation, “Unemployment Insurance Law”
- Union Steward Seminar, 2009, “Union Representation: Responsibilities and Strategies”
- New York State Bar Association, Fall 2007 Meeting, “Oakwood and the New Standards for Defining Supervisor”
- “Best Practices Under GML §207-a and 207-c,” 2006
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association (Labor & Employment Law Section, 5th Judicial District Representative)
- American Bar Association (Labor & Employment Law Section)
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- Central New York Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (Steering Committee Member)
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee
- Labor and Employment Relations Association of Central New York