Donald D. Oliver
With over 30 years of experience, Don is well known for his representation of labor unions in a broad variety of labor and employment matters. His down-to-earth intelligence and oral advocacy has earned him recognition in The Best Lawyers in America and New York Super Lawyers.
Areas Of Practice
- B.A., Syracuse University, 1970, Cum Laude
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 1979 Magna Cum Laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York State
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Western Districts of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Supreme Court.
- Co-Author “Project Labor Agreements Offer Opportunity for Significant Savings on Public Construction Projects,” New York State Bar Journal, Vol. 71, No. 7, 1999.
- “False Statements to the Federal Bureau of Investigation: The Uncertain Law,” 29 Syracuse Law Review, 1978.
- Numerous presentations at meetings of the New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section.
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee, and Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association.
- Executive Editor, Syracuse Law Review, 1978-1979;
- Member, Justinian Society;
- Order of the Coif;
- Member, Board of Directors, Legal Services of Central New York, Inc., 1990-1996;
- Treasurer, 1994-1995;
- Secretary, 1995-1996;
- Member, Pro Bono Consortium Advisory Board, 1995-1997;
- LERA of Central New York;
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee, Onondaga County, Madison County, New York State (Member, Labor and Employment Law Section; Chair, Fair Labor Standards Committee, 1987-1990;
- Chair, Internal Union Affairs Committee, 1990-1996;
- Co-Chair, Labor Relations Law and Procedure Committee, 1996-2004; Section Chair, 2006-2007) and American (Member, Labor Law Section) Bar Associations;
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association (Vice President, Central New York Chapter, 2003-2006; President Elect, 2006-2007; President 2007-2008); The College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, Inc.